For The Men In Our Lives: WHAT EVERY WOMAN REALLY WANTS FOR CHRISTMAS
Dear Husbands, Fiancees, Boyfriends, and "Just Friends", The women you love want you to know what it is they really want-- more than beautiful clothes or sparkling jewelry, more than fancy dates or exotic vacations. These are real things every man can give... if only he will.
I posted this two years ago. We haven't changed, this is still what every woman really wants for Christmas:
We’ve browsed through magazines, linked onto websites, and made our wish lists. Clothing sizes, shoe preferences, colors and particulars. Everything we think our men need to know in order to give us a Christmas to remember.
Now, armed with ideas, men are heading to the mall, determined to get that one thing they hope will make a woman happy.
And so, I have a list of my own to give the men who love the women I care about. It won’t break the bank or your back, but it will give her exactly what she really wants from you this Christmas.
Ten Things To Give The Woman You Love For Christmas:
1. Your Attention- full and undivided.
Uninterrupted by cell phone rings and texting dings. She knows you can’t give it all the tim e, but for Christmas won’t you try? Do it on purpose.
2. Your Eyes- it’s the stuff of romance.
When a man looks into a woman’s eyes she knows he sees her. But it doesn’t have to be Hollywood mush. Just a moment of linking up, of homing in on the window to her soul. Dive deep. There's a person of unique value in there. Look for what she cannot say.
3. Your Touch- purposeful and affectionate.
A way of showing her you connect with her. Women crave those brushes of love against their skin. To run your fingers across her heart, you'll need to step into her space and bring her into yours.
4. Your Stories- give her a memory, a picture in your mind that you’ve tucked away somewhere of her being who she is and you loving that part of her. Tell it well and she’ll know for a moment that you really do know her.
5. Your Hope- she sees everything not right with the world she’s trying to create for those she loves. Tell her it’s okay, that perfection isn’t perfect, that love is messy and so is real life and you love her no matter what.
6. Your Honor- What is the thing she does remarkably well? Have you told her? Have you told her in front of others? It’s not a woman’s way to brag about herself. Can you be her trumpeter?
7. Your Depths- Give her those hidden hopes and dreams and thoughts and observations that will never be part of a quick phone call. She wants to know you way deep down inside.
8. Your Help- Christmas can be overwhelming for a woman. So much to do and so many glossy pictures of others doing it better. Get up and help her. Lend a hand. Make life a little easier for her so she can be who she really is. And jump in before she gets crabby about all the work, she hates herself for being like that.
9. Your Generosity- Can you choose in the midst of the pressures of real life to give a little more extravagantly than anyone would expect? Add a flourish. Make her coffee and cover it with whipped cream. Buy her something she doesn’t need. Bless her.
10. Your Love- That’s what she really wants.
Every woman I know wants to be loved. To be considered better than average in a world that measures our success by means we’ll never attain.
To be held in a place so uniquely special to you that you’re willing to give your attention, your eyes, your touch, your stories, your hope and honor and depths and help and generosity just to be sure she knows how much you love her.
We want to feel loved.
You have it in your power to give that kind of love this Christmas to your wife or your girlfriend, your good friend, your mom.
From my heart,
P.S. Women, do you have anything to add to this list?